The ALRC will release a series of interim reports and background papers as part of its Review of the Legislative Framework for Corporations and Financial Services Regulation.
The background papers are intended to provide a high-level overview of topics of relevance to the Inquiry. Further background papers will be released throughout the duration of the Inquiry, addressing key principles and areas of research that underpin the development of recommendations.
Interim Report B contains 6 recommendations, 16 proposals, and 2 questions. The ALRC is seeking written submissions in response to these proposals and questions.
Submissions close 30 November 2022.
Interim Report B Background Paper:
Interim Report A Background Papers:
- Initial Stakeholder Views (FSL1)
- Complexity and Legislative Design (FSL2)
- Improving the Navigability of Legislation (FSL3)
- Historical Legislative Developments (FSL4)
- Risk and Reform in Australian Financial Services Law (FSL5)
- Reflecting on Reforms – Submissions to Interim Report A (FSL6)
|Financial Services Legislation: Interim Report C||due by 25 August 2023|
|Financial Services Legislation: Final Report||due by 30 November 2023|
A formal call for submissions will be made on the release of each Interim Report. In the meantime, feedback on the background papers is welcome at any time by email to email@example.com.