Webinar – Judicial Impartiality Q&A: Exploring Viewpoints
On Monday 19 July 2021, the Australian Law Reform Commission co-hosted a webinar with Wolters Kluwer to explore different viewpoints on judicial impartiality.
- The Honourable Justice Middleton, Federal Court of Australia and ALRC Part-Time Commissioner (Chair)
- The Honourable Chief Justice William Alstergren, Chief Justice of the Family Court of Australia and Chief Judge, Federal Circuit Court of Australia
- Minal Vohra SC, Barrister
- George Selvanera, Acting Chief Executive Officer, Victorian Aboriginal Legal Service
- Professor Matthew Groves, Deakin University
Read more : Impartiality from both sides of the Bench
Seminar: Public confidence, apprehended bias, and the modern federal judiciary
In conjunction with the Australian Academy of Law, the Australian Law Reform Commission (ALRC) hosted a panel seminar on Tuesday 2 March 2021.
An expert panel explored how the fair-minded observer is faring by examining issues of public confidence, apprehended bias, and the modern federal judiciary. The Q&A style format provided the opportunity for questions relevant to the ALRC’s ongoing review of judicial impartiality to be discussed.