9.1 This chapter considers ways in which certain procedural aspects of the native title process might be reformed. In particular, this chapter considers:
- issues relating to the production of evidence in native title proceedings and for consent determinations;
- the development of policies relating to the involvement of the Commonwealth in consent determinations;
- the development of principles guiding assessment of connection reports;
- the potential for a training and accreditation scheme for native title practitioners; and
- the native title application inquiry process.