5.139 Stakeholders raised a range of other concerns about the NDIS, some of which extend beyond the Inquiry’s scope. They involve systemic and practical concerns with the structure and operation of the NDIS, including those relating to:
- eligibility to become a participant under the NDIS;
- the operation of the NDIS for people with particular types of disability, for example psychosocial disability;
- the interaction between the NDIS and other systems, particularly with respect to funding responsibility;
- registration and oversight of providers of support; and
- decreased funding of state and territory services, and potential gaps where people with disability are not eligible for the NDIS.
5.140 While these concerns are important, the issues do not relate directly to the concepts of legal capacity or decision-making ability.