Re-designing, Renovating and Renewing the Legislative Framework for Corporations and Financial Services
Wednesday 16 November 2022 at 1.00pm AEDT | 12.00pm AEST
In daily life, it helps if you know where to find things. The same is true of the law.
Join the ALRC to examine Interim Report B and its proposed legislative model. Hear about the research and novel data analysis underpinning the ALRC’s most recent report into simplifying the legislative framework for corporations and financial services legislation.
Ask questions, as the panel outlines the ALRC’s proposed legislative model for Chapter 7 of the Corporations Act, which could produce a more user-friendly legislative framework for financial services.
Topics of discussion include:
- What goes where (and why) in the legislative hierarchy?
- Who makes the law, and how can they make it easier to find?
- Who should create offences and set penalties?
The panel will also foreshadow key questions to be addressed in Interim Report C, focused on how Chapter 7 of the Corporations Act could be restructured or reframed to simplify the law.
- Dr Andrew Godwin, Special Counsel, ALRC
- Christopher Ash, Principle Legal Officer (A/g), ALRC
- Cindy Davies, Legal Officer, ALRC
- Dr William Isdale, Senior Legal Officer, ALRC
Submit your questions to the panel on registration or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registrations now closed