Tuesday 2 March 2021, 5:30 PM AEDT
|Registrations now closed|
In conjunction with the Australian Academy of Law, the Australian Law Reform Commission (ALRC) will be hosting a panel seminar on Tuesday 2 March 2021. An expert panel will explore how the fair-minded observer is faring by examining issues of public confidence, apprehended bias, and the modern federal judiciary. The Q&A style format will provide the opportunity for questions relevant to the ALRC’s ongoing review of judicial impartiality.
The seminar will be delivered online, via Microsoft Teams, along with limited in-person attendance at the Federal Court Building in Sydney.
- The Hon Justice Sarah Derrington, ALRC President
- The Hon Justice Michael Lee, Federal Court of Australia
- His Honour Judge Matthew Myers AM, Federal Circuit Court of Australia
- Professor Gabrielle Appleby, University of New South Wales
- Mr Anthony McAvoy SC, Barrister
- Mr Chris Merritt, Journalist and Rule of Law Institute Australia Vice President
|REGISTER TO ATTEND|
Online seminar (Microsoft Teams) with limited in-person attendance (max 50)
Court 1, Level 21, Joint Courts Building, Queens Square, 184 Phillip Street, Sydney
Please note in-person attendance will be allocated in order of registrations received and will be confirmed via email.