This is the final of four Issues Papers released for the Family Violence and Commonwealth Laws Inquiry.
Submissions closed on 27 April.
The Issues Paper deals with the treatment of family violence in Commonwealth social security law, which includes income management. The Issues Paper further considers a number of issues in relation to social security law, including
- The collection and process of information;
- The definition of relationships where family violence exists;
- Access and compliance with administrative requirements; and
- Payment arrangements.
With respect to income management, the following issues, among others, are addressed:
- The indicators of vulnerability under the legislation;
- Exemptions from income management in cases of family violence;
- Payment arrangements and account access; and
- Comparatives between compulsory and voluntary income management.